lördag 17 juli 2010

Korn: Somebody Someone

Okay, the next video in this nu-metal odessey, Korn. When I saw this video it was basically the same thing as when I saw Slipknot the first time, I was staying up late one night in my small apartment watching music videos on ZTV and suddenly this video came on. Again I was like, what the fuck!?! The song was awesome but what was more awesome was the singers coat. Wow, I thought, I gotta have a coat like that. If I can get a coat like that, I will look exactly like that dude and stuff in my life will change for the better. Remember, this way a long time before The Matrix that permanently fucked up black coats as something you would even consider wearing. So the next day I started looking in different clothing stores for a black coat (there wasn't any). So I could'nt find one but later I spoke to my friend Mattias who was a fashion model back then (but a while later he was kicked in the head and lost his front teeth and that was the end of that carrer) and he had seen this really cool coat in one of his photo shoots. So together we went searching for the ultimate black coat. Finally we found the coat he was talking about and I tried it on, and dude, I looked fuckin amazing. The girl that worked there, who also knew Mattias, said that I just HAD to buy it. This coat's gonna do miracles for my personality, I thought. The price tag was a huge disappointment though, it was a lot of money and I had practically none. Anyway, I bought the coat with my last dough.

This turned out to become a long story without much substance. When I met my friends wearing my new coat they were like "what the fuck, you look like Count Dracula or something". I didn't care much since they all looked like Henrik Berggren-look-a-likes (or like the dudes out of Primal Scream at the best). I also had some plans to let my hair grow long but I think I started listening to other stuff (what stuff? don't remember, might have been Can and Neu and german shit like that) instead so luckily I didn't go through with that plan. Still, this song still sounds pretty good (unless you a pretentious asshole) and I still enjoy the fat sound they make (How in the world were they making that sound? Velvet Underground. (you understood that reference? No, you probably didn't))

Inga kommentarer: